full screen background image



The area occupied as Beacon was originally settled as the villages of Matteawan and Fishkill Landing in 1709, which were among the first communities in the county. Beacon is located in the southwest corner of Dutchess County in the Mid-Hudson Region, approximately 90 miles (140 km) south of Albany, New York, and approximately 65 miles (105 km) north of New York City. The Newburgh area was first settled in the early 18th century by the Germans and British. During the American Revolution, Newburgh served as the headquarters of the Continental Army. Prior to its chartering in 1865, the city of Newburgh was part of the town of Newburgh; the town now borders the city to the north and west.
   
Garrison is a hamlet in Putnam County, New York, United States. It is part of the town of Philipstown, on the east side of the Hudson River, across from the United States Military Academy at West Point. The Garrison Metro-North Railroad station serves the town. Peekskill covers 4.37 square miles in a rough semicircle, ringed by the town of Cortlandt, which it separated from in 1940. Its steep hills create an amphitheater for views of the Hudson and the surrounding green hills.
 
 
West Point is a United States federal military reservation established by Thomas Jefferson in 1802. It comprises about 16,000 acres (6,500 ha) including the campus of the United States Military Academy, which is also called West Point. It is a census-designated place located in the Town of Highlands in Orange County, New York,[2][3] located on the western bank of the Hudson River  

 

 

 


 

add white

Site Content Copyright © 2015  Cold Spring Living - All Rights Reserved
.